Corporate Social Responsibility
Ever since inception, the company has always been committed in providing voluntary support to nongovernmental organisations (NGOs) and sponsorship to individuals and associations for the promotion of education, arts and culture and sports activities. All members of the group share this ethos, with our subsidiary Caudan Development, continuously providing free spaces in the mall for local crafts, exhibitions and cultural and sporting events.
The commitment of the group towards corporate social responsibility was strengthened with the incorporation of Caudan Communauté, a special purpose vehicle (SPV) which was incorporated in 2010 to implement the specific CSR programme of the group. Its main responsibilities consist of financing and working closely in partnership with all stakeholders of the community: the public through NGOs engaged in social work, other foundations which have similar objectives and the authorities, namely the national corporate social responsibility committee (NCSRC). The management of Caudan Communauté has been entrusted to a committee composed of representatives of the group to translate the philosophy and vision of the group in all CSR activities.
- The promotion of socio-economic development, including poverty alleviation and the improvement of gender and human rights;
- The promotion of development in the fields of health, education and training, leisure and environment;
- Intervention and support during and following catastrophic events; and
- Undertaking or participation in programmes approved by the NCSRC.
Since its operation, Caudan Communauté has contributed in the following areas namely:
Support to vulnerable groups: children, women in distress and handicapped
- 20 vulnerable children aged between 9 and 14 living in Bain des Dames, Cassis and vicinity, who require support to cope with the school syllabus and facilitate their integration in the mainstream educational system and in society at large through ‘Association pour l’Accompagnement et la Rehabilitation et l’Insertion Sociale des Enfants’ (ARISE);
- support to the rehabilitation of patients suffering from mental disorder, inadapted children and fight against AIDS;
- therapeutic and psychological services for capacity development and empowerment of persons suffering from psychological disorders through ‘Open Mind’;
Education: literacy programmes and training
- Sponsorship for the development of talented musicians
- Study texts to pupils through ‘Association Oasis de Paix’;
- creation of green spaces outside the work place;
Empowerment of women and children:
- Sponsorship of child care centres’ monthly costs for children of eligible employees;
- Meals to vulnerable children through ‘La Cantine du Coeur’;
- salaries of specialist therapeutical educators through ‘Etoile d’Espérance Association’.