Skip to content
- Holds a Master’s degree in Econometrics from the University of Toulouse and a ‘DESS’ in Management/Micro Economics from the University of Paris-X.
- He is currently Chief Strategy Officer of MCB Group Ltd.
- Previously, he worked as Senior Advisor on the World Bank Group’s Executive Board where he was responsible for issues relating mainly to the International Finance Corporation and to the private and financial sectors. Prior to joining the World Bank, he was the MCB Group Chief Economist after having been the Economic Advisor to the Minister of Finance.
- During his career, he has been involved in various high-profile boards/committees. Among others, he chaired the Stock Exchange of Mauritius Ltd, the Statistics Advisory Council and the Statistics Board as well as having been a director of the Board of Governors of the Mauritius Offshore Business Activities Authority and of the Board of Investment. He was also a member of the IMF Advisory Group for Sub Saharan Africa (AGSA) and a member of the Senate of the University of Mauritius.
- Mr. Gnany was appointed Director of MCB Group Ltd in April 2014 and he currently sits on its Risk Monitoring Committee and Strategy Committee. He is also a Board member of several companies within MCB Group, acting either as Chairperson or Director. He is the Chairperson of the Economic Commission of Business Mauritius which serves, inter alia, as a platform for public-private sector dialogue. Director of Caudan Development.